Titus 2: Women Discipling Women
What is Titus 2 Ministry?
Do you desire to have an older woman in your life who will share wisdom and encouragement from God’s Word, and come alongside of you in your walk with God? Are you an older woman who is willing to share God’s love and His Word, and desires to pray and encourage a younger woman?
The Titus 2 Ministry is a call for women who have a heart for God to intentionally equip younger women to know, obey and live out God’s Word. This ministry is open to all women, married or single, from teens and older. Women meet one-on-one or in small groups for the purposes of growing in God’s Word and Christ-likeness and following Jesus’ command to make disciples (Matthew 28:18-20, 2 Timothy 2:2).
Titus 2:3-5 (ESV)
3 Older women likewise are to be reverent in behavior, not slanderers or slaves to much wine. They are to teach what is good, 4 and so train the young women to love their husbands and children, 5 to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled.
What is Unique about Titus 2?
We approach discipleship/mentoring as more than a Bible Study: it’s wisdom given through life-on-life sharing, seeking God together in prayer, and applying God’s Word to everyday life, especially in the area of a woman’s greatest spiritual need.
The goal is that both mentor and mentee grow in their faith and intimacy with the Lord, reflecting God’s character and building disciples of Jesus Christ.
What do we do when we meet?
- Share Life
- Share the Word (resources provided)
- Share Prayer
What’s the time commitment?
9-12 months; in some cases the mentor/mentee pairs choose to extend their time together. Plan to meet with your mentee for 1.5 hours every other week plus your personal prep time between meetings.
Where and when do we meet?
You can meet at various places: coffee shops, church, or a home. When we match women we try to accommodate both the mentor’s and mentee’s schedules.
What are the Benefits?
- Helps you understand and live out God’s Word
- Someone to pray for and with you
- Someone to hold you accountable
"I love the monthly mentor meetings! They are so encouraging and informative. They help and challenge me not only in my relationship with my mentee but also in my own walk with the Lord and the broader call to make disciples." ~Tammy
What are the Results?
- Accelerates your spiritual growth
- Gives you a sense of purpose in life and ministry
- Fills you with the joy of seeing
- God work in another’s life
Is there training available?
Yes!! Monthly mentor meetings take place on the 2nd Saturday of each month from 9:15-11:30 in various homes from September – May. At these special gatherings, mentors (or those interested in mentoring) meet for training and fellowship. Speakers teach on topics which further equip the mentors and enrich their walk with the Lord.
An online Mentor "Toolkit" has been created to provide helpful tools and resources that mentors use when working with their mentees. These tools are organized into five categories: Bible, Prayer, Scripture Memory, Holy Spirit and Evangelism. Additional tools are also provided.
How do I get involved as a mentor or mentee?
If you are interested in pursuing a mentee or mentor relationship you can:
- Contact Anne at 952-250-2379 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Sharon Critzer at 952-224-3021(Women’s Ministry admin at Grace Church)
- Download the appropriate application form below. You will be prayerfully matched with another woman who meets your desired mentoring preferences.
Titus 2 Mentee Application
Titus 2 Mentor Leadership Application
Return the completed application to:
c/o Women’s Ministries: Titus 2 Discipleship Team
9301 Eden Prairie Rd
Eden Prairie, MN 55347
- Attend our annual celebration in May. Each spring we celebrate all that God has been doing in our mentor/mentee relationships. We share the biblical mandate/vision for discipleship and hear testimonies of the year’s journey of discipleship among Grace women.
- You may join this ministry any time of year!